Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday March 21

This morning we visited an area that I recently read about located right in Central Phoenix - the Rio Salado Habitat Restoration Area. http://www.phoenix.gov/RIOSALADO/ It was once a dump site and has been converted into a riparian area with paved and gravel trails. It was beautiful and such a nice surprise in the middle of the city. We saw only one person on our stroll from Central Avenue to 7th Avenue. However we saw Quail, Jackrabbits, Mallards and a few other birds I didn't recognize. It was also nice to see reclaimed concrete (broken up curbs) reused and recycled as benches along the paths. We will definitely return.

Jeff is burying his repaired pipe and we will head off to Home Depot in a few to get insulation and ply to temporarily cover our ceiling.

We also have to get the garden covered as the rogue cats have dug into my zucchini mounds overnight. I have my first sprout:

These other plants pictured below have popped up in the bed and I just can't get myself to pull them out. I don't know if they're weeds or what? Mom...?

No comments:

Post a Comment