Sunday, May 17, 2009

Saturday's Bounty. So, the unknown thing looks like miniature butternut squash to me...it stopped growing so I picked two of them. We also harvested a bunch more cherry tomatoes and two zucchini (one normal and one deformed). More zuchinni have ended up in the compost pile than in our bellies. From reading, I think they were not fully pollinated and that's why they are staying tiny. I have thrown 4 of the green peppers into the compost pile as well...hopefully we'll get at least one before the plant is done. Oh, by the way - I was going to assist with the zucchini pollination this morning and was pleasantly surprised to find a BEE in the flower! Yay - Mother Nature!! I decided to wait another week and see what happens - maybe the bees are just finally finding my house :) Jeff and his girl, Magda. This is absolutely the most exciting for her: pulling Jeff on the skateboard. She must have Husky in her somewhere because she totally goes ape-noodles when her harness goes on. Going.....
Returning.....





No comments:

Post a Comment